Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help required for tunnel.py with two USRPs

From: Derek Kozel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help required for tunnel.py with two USRPs
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 13:25:58 -0800

Hello Henning,

To make it easy to update UHD versions Ettus has a private package archive, PPA, for Ubuntu. You can update your UHD using the following commands. You will still need to recompile GNU Radio (most accurately gr-uhd) to make it compatible with the newer UHD's interface.

# Remove existing packages

sudo apt-get remove uhd libuhd003 libuhd-host libuhd-dev

# Install the new repository, update package lists, and install the up to date versions

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ettusresearch/uhd
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libuhd003 libuhd-host libuhd-dev

# Check installed uhd version, it will be on the first line of the output. It should read release 3.9.2

uhd_find_devices

Regards,
Derek