Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC Interest in Project: Offline Analysis and Vi

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC Interest in Project: Offline Analysis and Visualization Tools
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 17:38:10 -0500

Hi Usman,

Since you've been using GNU Radio for 3 years now and you have an interest in this project hopefully you have some offline tools that you personally want to see or personal issues with the current offline tools. Perhaps you can explain those a little bit along with some general approaches to how you would do it. This might spark an interesting conversation here that would refine your application. As an example, say you're looking at some signal in this offline tool and you want to apply a filter to it and see what happens. What do you imagine is required to do this both from a behind-the-scenes perspective and from a user perspective?

Don't feel restricted to answering my specific question. Pick whatever visualization/analysis is most interesting to you and publicly brainstorm. Someone will probably have commentary or feedback on it.

Cheers,
Nathan