[Discuss-gnuradio] Resample block for audio signal

From: Murray Thomson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Resample block for audio signal
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:29:07 +0000

Hi,

This is probably an easy one but I'm stuck and i could do with some help. My goal is to get a musical note from the microphone and shift its frequency to transform the note to a different scale. For this to happen, I need to multiply all the frequencies for e.g. 1.5.

I can achieve an octave of the signal multiplying it by itself (doubling the frequencies). I thought I could do this resampling the signal but now I'm not too sure. Do I need to use an FFT block for this?

I would appreciate if someone can suggest the best way to go or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Murray