[Discuss-gnuradio] PDU to Tagged Stream with BIG PDUs

From: Francisco Albani
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU to Tagged Stream with BIG PDUs
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 20:56:17 -0300

Hi again!

I wrote a custom message block that produces a PDU with complex samples. My plan is to connect it to a PDU to Tagged Stream and then to a UHD Sink (with len_tag_name = 'packet_len').

The goal is to transmit a burst for each packet. This packets are made of approximately 14k samples and sometimes more.

I'm unable to do this because of this error:

thread[thread-per-block[1]: <block pdu_to_tagged_stream (2)>]: Buffer too small for min_noutput_items

I tried rising the PDUtoTaggedStream block min/max output buffer size to its maximum values with no success.

Attached is the minimum equivalent flowgraph that shows the same problem.

Is this a Scheduler hardcoded limitation?

Anybody knows a workaround?

Many thanks and bye!

Francisco.