Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] lack of understanding the different formats to st

From: Henry Barton
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] lack of understanding the different formats to store samples
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:04:07 +0000

This sounds interesting; I too have been wondering how IQ files worked. I thought it must be alternating I bytes and Q bytes, or with >8-bit radios, I words and Q words. But maybe the packed byte system is right, since I can feed IQ recordings in WAV format directly into GNUradio without stripping the headers.