Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC 2016 Proposal - Speed Optimizations using Vi

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC 2016 Proposal - Speed Optimizations using Viterbi Decoders
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 12:53:08 -0400

Hi Josh,

First, review it for grammar and spelling.

Second, I'd like to see a little bit more technical content on the viterbi decoder. To be clear, I'm not looking for theory behind trellis coding or the viterbi algorithm as much as demonstration of understanding what is happening in the code.

I suggest putting the new VOLK kernel/optimized add block on hold and dedicating that energy to picking up some understanding of the code you're proposing to work with.

Finally, you're proposing to have lots of commitments. Make sure that if you're accepted you definitely have the time and energy to dedicate the expected full-time work week for GSoC.

-Nathan