[Discuss-gnuradio] Data Formatting in GNURadio (WiFi)

From: Abhinav Jadon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data Formatting in GNURadio (WiFi)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 05:37:54 +0530

Hi,
I wrote a matlab scripts that generates the wifi packets for a given payload.
The output is of the format <noise_pad packet noise_pad>
I dumped the output in a bin file.
It is my understanding that the complex type file source reads the input (bin) file in a gr_complex data type format ie reading 32 bits from the bin file at a time and then converting the first 16bits (corresponding to real part/I) and last 16bits (corresponding to img part/Q) to float16 format and thus with this understanding, I formatted the data accordingly while dumping the data into the bin file.
The issue is I plug that file source on repeat mode to the UHD block. The packet is not detected on the receiver side.Is there something wrong with my understanding of data formatting ?

Regards