[Discuss-gnuradio] problem with packet encoder block

From: Miguel Santos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with packet encoder block
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 23:39:49 +0000

Hi all!
While I was using the block Packet Encoder I realized that my input file
(saved before that block) becomes a lot bigger.
So I made a simple example to show that problem.

Vector Source ---> Packet Encoder ---> Throttle ---> Number Sink
               ---> File Sink

Just to make it clear, File Sink is connected to Vector Source, BEFORE
Packet Encoder.
Running the flow graph the same amount of time, I get an input file of
700~800 MB for this flow graph and ~3MB for the same flow graph with
Packet Encoder bypassed.
Is this a bug? Could it be a larger processing time of that block that's
delaying the data flow? Am I missing something? How can I solve that?
Any help would be nice.

Thanks for your time,
Miguel