Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus N210 GMSK 9600

From: Tom Golden
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus N210 GMSK 9600
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 11:36:29 -0600

Thanks.  I'm climbing the learning curve. :)

The radio I'm testing isn't AFSK, it's GMSK/FSK 9600.  So I think it may be scrambled.  I'm sending packets that are 255 bytes contains 0xA5 - and I have a ruby program that checks starting at every bit for A5, the inverse of A5, NRZ decode for A5, and NRZI decode for A5.  Regardless of the corr_est, the MSK Timing Recovery does seem to recovery the timing and bits for most of the packet which should yield some strings of A5 is the bits.  But I'm just not seeing that.

I did see some references on the web about scrambling for FSK9600 - so that's the rabbit hole I went down.