Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introducing the New GNU Radio Website

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Introducing the New GNU Radio Website
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 21:53:47 -0400

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Richard Bell <address@hidden> wrote:
I like the new style, it feels fresh and modern.

I'm glad you like it!

I've noticed that depending on the link you click, you may end up on a page in the old style. For example, clicking the development link does this. Will the entire website eventually get the makeover?

Right, that's the Redmine-hosted content. Eventually, Redmine will go away completely and all of the content will be migrated to the new site or tossed (there is a lot of extremely old out-of-date info on Redmine). The WordPress-based site you see now is also only half of the `new GNU Radio site`. We are working on a self-hosted Gitlab instance that we will use for developer-focused content.

I imagine part of the challenge will be keeping the various sections of the website which are written wiki style by the community editable.

The WordPress site is not community editable, and never will be. Content that needs to be in a wiki (i.e., community editable) will be on the Gitlab instance, though, and will be editable in the same way that the Redmine content is editable.

If so, I hope that it's artisanal, and organic...  :) :)

It's also gluten free and rBGH free!

Cheers,
Ben