[Discuss-gnuradio] FSK Preamble Synchronization

From: Dave NotTelling
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FSK Preamble Synchronization
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 16:47:11 -0400

What is the best method for synchronizing a burst FSK on a known preamble?  I've been using the GFSK demod block which uses the M&M clock recovery, but it doesn't do well more than ~ 75% of the time.  I figure that if I had a sync routine that used the preamble to sync on then I would have a better chance at getting correct bits.  I see that GNU Radio has the PFB sync, but according to the docs that is for PAM signals only.  There is also the MSK recovery block, but I am dealing with GFSK/FSK.  But, as far as I know, GFSK/FSK is but a modulation index change away from MSK.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

-Dave