Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [PyBOMBS] Need your help!

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [PyBOMBS] Need your help!
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 23:32:01 +0200

Hi,

> My prime test case is the following pybombs command:
>
> $ pybombs prefix init ~/path/to/prefix -R gnuradio-default
>
> (Note you will need the most current PyBOMBS and gr-recipes to run this).

I just gave this a shot, but I aborted pretty quickly.

It started building alsa from sources ...

Ideally I'd like to only build from source the SDR related packages
that don't have any decent version available as package and not every
package.
Also since I run pybombs as user and not root (no way I'm building all
of this as the root user ...), I don't expect pybomb to install the
packages, but I would expect it to list them to me so I can install
them myself then restart pybombs.

Anyway, just my 2 ct ...

Cheers,

   Sylvain