[Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon16 Update

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon16 Update
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 10:30:16 -0400

Hey all -

Planning for GRCon16 continues to go well, and we are looking forward to another great conference year. Some quick notes:

The current deadline to submit an abstract for a talk is one week from today, next Wednesday the 1st of June. If you haven't submitted your abstract yet, please send it as soon as possible! We would like to start putting together the conference program, and getting everyone's talk abstracts is obviously a critical part of that.

We have sold 25% of the 304 available seats in the conference, which is ahead of schedule relative to previous years. We are also ahead of schedule in sponsorship, and there are only a few spaces left at the levels that give you a booth.

This year's Dev Summit (the last day) will be a bit different from previous years. There will be organized talks / walk-through sessions, in addition to the usual "get into a group and hack". If you haven't attended the Dev Summit in previous years because you didn't feel ready to jump into code, we think you'll be very happy with the schedule we are putting together for this year's Dev Summit.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and otherwise, get those abstracts in! Thanks, and see you in Colorado.

Cheers,
Ben