Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] gr-inspector update / ask for feedback

From: Jan Krämer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] gr-inspector update / ask for feedback
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 12:45:49 +0200

Hey Sebastian,

great work in your first week. Looking pretty good.
One question though. At the end you propose to seperate the signals with a filterbank of xlating FIRs. Is there a use case or a way to do that with a polyphase filterbank? Cause multiple FIRs are going to become a major burden for the CPU if their number rises, especially if the filterorder gets pretty high e.g. for narrowband signals.

Anyway keep up the good work.
Cheers,
Jan

Hi all,

there is a new blog post concerning the gr-inspector toolbox:
https://grinspector.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/week-1-signal-detection/

There I describe what I have done in my first week of GSoC. Mainly I have prototyped a signal detection block and started planning the signal separator block (which is used to pass the detected signals serialized).

As always, comments are very welcome :)

Cheers,
Sebastian