Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [PyBOMBS] Need your help!

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [PyBOMBS] Need your help!
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 13:20:33 +0200

Hi Ravi,
The build fails due to the unmet dependency of Cheetah template engine.
exactly that's why we depend on Python2 packages in python.lwr:
category: baseline
inherit: autoconf
satisfy:
  deb: python2.7 && python-dev
  rpm: python-devel >= 2.7
  cmd: python --version >= 2.7
  pacman: python2 >= 2.7
  port: python27 >= 2.7
vars:
  config_opt: --enable-shared

Notice the pacman line! So, if GNU Radio is currently building, you should have an install python2. If you don't, there's a bug in dependency checking.

I'd expect all our build scripts to explicitely specify that the python2 executable should be used. If you can give an actual bug report of where exactly building fails, this is probably something that's fixable.

Also, you said "need your help!", but then didn't ask a question or what exactly we should be helping you with :) So if I didn't hit the spot here, please explain what it is that you need help with.

Best regards,
Marcus