Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re channel state information on rx_ofdm.grc

From: avinash kalyanaraman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re channel state information on rx_ofdm.grc
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 01:29:13 +1200

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the email. I connected the debug tag to OFDM Channel Estimation and noted that the ofdm_sync_chan_taps key has 64 complex values.

Could you please confirm the following two things ?
i) These 64 complex values (a + ib) represent the 64 sub-carriers and I can get the amplitude and phase of each sub-carrier as sqrt( a^2 + b^2) and arctan(b/a) respectively ?

ii) I see that the CSI calculation is per tag. I understand from your link that the tag represents additional information/metadata attached to a specific item. However, in this case, I am unsure what a tag denotes? In other words, could you please tell me what a “tag” is being attached to here, on which a channel estimate is calculated?

iii) Please let me know what is the unit of rx_time ? Seconds?
  Offset: 76  Source: n/a     Key: rx_time   Value: {7 0.303}
  Offset: 77  Source: n/a     Key: rx_time   Value: {7 0.399}

Thanks for your help,
Avinash