Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python Unit Tests Running Twice

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python Unit Tests Running Twice
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 20:24:20 -0700

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Dave NotTelling <address@hidden> wrote:
     I have a solution in place right now that works around the second test, but it's nasty.  Global variables and whatnot.

You wrote originally that the reason the tests can't be run twice is “the radio hardware is never released.” This sounds like a problem that can be solved by making sure your test (by way of the code it tests, presumably) releases the hardware properly. Then your tests are also testing "releasing"!

I recommend this course of action because I have had trouble resulting from other people's drivers failing to close/release/reset the hardware properly, or to be unable to be opened twice.