[Discuss-gnuradio] Audio underrun when using Audio Sink

From: Paul S
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio underrun when using Audio Sink
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 19:07:47 -0700 (MST)

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to this and to gnuradio so excuse me if I have some knowledge
gaps.

Currently, I am trying to send data over ultrasound signals based on [1],
using the audio sink and several sources. The problem is that I get often
consecutive audio underruns (for several seconds straight).
This is my flowgraph:
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n60547/flowgraph.jpg>
The TunSource just reads data from a Tun-Device but I get these underruns
with other blocks like the depicted Socked PDU or even a File Source, too
(though not as frequently).
So it basically boils down to (Byte?)-Source -> GFSK Mod -> Rational
Resampler -> Frequency Xlating FIR Filter-> Audio Sink.

I already tried using other sample rates (44.1kHZ, 48kHz), slightly
different sample rates than the Audio Sink uses or other devices like "hw:1"
or "front:1". But none of this helped.
My assumption is that this is a "two clock problem" which I've read about in
other posts. Unfortunately I couldn't find any solution to this. I really
hope you can help me and thanks in advance.

Regards
Paul

[1] https://www.anfractuosity.com/projects/ultrasound-networking/