Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic custom bloc parameter

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic custom bloc parameter
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 14:42:23 +0200

Hi,
I'd generally recommend that you add a message handler to your block, which can be connected via message passing to other blocks. That way, you'll have something that is thread-safe (which is necessary, because your xmlrpc server will run in another thread than your block's 'work' method).

Then, use the "Variable to Message" block from [1] to allow for a simple way of sending that message by modifying a Python variable with the xmlrpc server.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] https://github.com/marcusmueller/gr-msgtools