Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new user

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new user
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 15:46:28 -0400

Hi Darin - If you want to use SDRplay, you -can- do that using MacPorts
via the gr-osmosdr port: with a patch that I can provide.

The SDRplay folks, at least in the recent past: (1) provide only
pre-combined binaries, not source code, which need to be tweaked to work
for most OS X installs including within MacPorts (meaning: tweaking
library names within binaries to be correct for the specific install);
(2) provide said binaries only to registered users.

I've discussed with them allowing MacPorts access to their binaries,
with no success (admittedly I didn't push very hard; still, they seemed
to have no interest in doing so).

If you have an SDRplay and have access to their software, you could do
me the favor of sending me a URL to the latest drivers for OS X
(assuming they are actually publicly downloadable with an exact URL) & I
can in return provide you with a patch allowing the gr-osmosdr port to
include SDRplay via these drivers -- as well as instructions on how to
get the patch in place, use it, etc...

Good luck & let me know. - MLD