[Discuss-gnuradio] Error in gr-digital/examples/ofdm/benchmark_tx.py ?

From: Lakshay Narula
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error in gr-digital/examples/ofdm/benchmark_tx.py ?
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 11:42:47 -0500

Hi,

I am new to using GNU Radio and was going through some examples provided with the source code I checked out from the master branch. However, I find that one of the variables named "source_file" is not defined in the benchmark_tx.py example found in gnuradio/gr-digital/examples/ofdm directory. Here is the file link on github:
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-digital/examples/ofdm/benchmark_tx.py

If I add these lines from the benchmark_tx.py example in the gnuradio/gr-digital/examples/narrowband directory before building the flow-graph, then things seem to work without error:
if options.from_file is not None:
    source_file = open(options.from_file, 'r')

I suspect this is an error in the code but since I am very new to GNU Radio and Python, I would not rule out a misunderstanding on my part.

Any comments that could help?

Thanks,
Lakshay.