Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with Pybombs and Package Manager Install o

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with Pybombs and Package Manager Install on Ubuntu 16.04
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 17:11:49 -0700

Dave,

if you've fixed one issue, please start a new thread for the next issue.
As for your q's:

On 07/07/2016 04:37 PM, Dave wrote:
> One more question however, should I run volk_profile or did the pybombs
> install already take care of that?

pybombs does not run volk_profile for you (it used to do that; we'll
need some clean way to reenable that).

> One more comment, it seemed previously I could just type the python
> script names our click on a script in my file manager.  Now I need to
> precede the scripts with ./ and clicking on scripts in the file manager
> no longer executes them.  Again I will do more homework on my own.

The ./ is necessary for files not in your path. The file manager thing
probably fails because the PyBOMBS environment is not available for the
file manager.