[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Progress on pybombs-gui

From: Ravi Sharan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Progress on pybombs-gui
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 21:19:10 +0530

Hi list,

Please find the condensed updates from past four weeks at [1] (as always, the same blog). I am still working on creating the gui for pybombs deliverable and I am really looking forward to finish it soon and move forward. One thing I am currently stuck at is tackling the the elevated privileges issue from the GUI. I am considering to use polkit as a solution to deal with this issue. Any help in this direction is appreciated.

Coming to the GUI and progress:
- The recipe repos (private/prefix specific and global recipe repos) are handled by a recipe manager dialog.
- The prefixes are handled using a prefix config and prefix chooser dialog.
- A "New Recipe" dialog to create a recipe from within pybombs gui.
- Handle application, baseline and sdk (if any) packages separately.
- A search functionality that highlights the row corresponding to the recipe.

A few screenshots are uploaded at [3] to show a glimpse of what I am working on. Finally, the repo is hosted at gitlab [2]. The code is still experimental and depending on the platform, there can be encoding issues.

Cheers,
Ravi Sharan

[1] - http://ninjacomics.github.io/radioblogr/index.html
[2] - https://gitlab.com/NinjaComics/pybombs-qtgui