Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time Raster- Linux

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time Raster- Linux
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 15:20:59 +0200

Hi Ellie,

not a silly question at all! And, first of all: Welcome to the GNU Radio
community!

With 32kS/s, it's taking quite some time to build up something visible,
"pushing" out the solid yellow, but for me, this works (see screenshot
attached).

So, this actually does sound like a bug, but I can't really put my
finger on where things might go wrong. A couple of ideas to try, sorted
by desperation:

* middle mouse button on time raster canvas, "stop", middle mouse, "start"
* middle mouse button -> autoscale
* mmb -> save image (& inspect image)

If none of that helps, my best guess is that this might have something
to do with the QWT version used – but as I've never saw that problem "in
the wild", that would surprise me a bit. Then again, the Time Raster
Sink is not the most popular (yet, one of the most helpful, I think)
signal visualization sink – so maybe this simply never came up.

Actually, the warning that the visualization window nearly hides reads:

 std::cerr << "Warning: QWT5 has been found which has serious
performance issues with raster plots."

and so, maybe the performance issue is so severe that you simply see
nothing.

Best regards,
Marcus