[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem/bug with cmake config for gr-uhd using pybomb

From: Eugene Grayver
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem/bug with cmake config for gr-uhd using pybombs.
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 20:31:33 +0000

There's a subtle problem with the FindUHD.cmake as used from PyBombs.  If the system has UHD installed in the 'standard' location (/usr/include/uhd, etc), this path will be used instead of the path set by pybombs prefix.  I.e. if I install gr into /etc/gr1: uhd is installed in /etc/gr1/src/uhd, but gr-uhd will use /usr/.../uhd.  This leads to very difficult to diagnose problems if the UHD versions are slightly different.  If they are very different, the build simply fails due to undefined symbols.

I am not familiar enough with the pybombs environment to suggest a fix.  Perhaps pybombs should set the UHD_DIR env variable?

Eugene Grayver, Ph.D.
Aerospace Corp., Sr. Eng. Spec.
Tel: 310.336.1274