Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ZMQ REQ / REP naming Swap?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ZMQ REQ / REP naming Swap?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 11:49:00 -0400

Hi Andy - Thanks for your detailed thoughts on the subject matter.

I think we're all in general agreement that there are 2 ways to do REP /
REQ with respect to which is client and which is server. GR implements
one of those ways, but could easily provide the other, too. It's just
another way of looking at which is server and which is client. Neither
is more or less correct; they are just different implementations.

I'm looking for an OOT to do the REP /REQ way that GR does -not-
provide, or will just create one myself. I don't anticipate adding it to
the core gr-zeromq component. I agree that it would add unnecessary
complexity to those already-existing blocks. - MLD