[Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronization for BER calculation

From: Tech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronization for BER calculation
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 15:33:05 -0400

The manual bitstream alignment as described in:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorial_PSK_Demodulation

is fine when the source bits and recovered bits are in the same
flowgraph but I have a situation where I'm reading from a file so the
synchronization is unknown. In the past I was able to seed a LFSR with
a block of recovered bits and (as long as none are in error) each
subsequent bit should be in sync with the source bits.

The other possibility is just to search all possible alignments but
that can be time consuming for lengthy PN sequences.

Anyway, I figured this is probably a solved problem in gnuradio and
somebody might have suggestions?

Thanks