[Discuss-gnuradio] [RFNoC] Massive merge to rfnoc-devel (from rfnoc-radi

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [RFNoC] Massive merge to rfnoc-devel (from rfnoc-radio-redo)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 11:42:51 -0700

Hi RFNoC users,

we just pushed a substantial changeset to rfnoc-devel. In a nutshell,
our efforts on the rfnoc-radio-redo branch have been merged into
rfnoc-devel.

The old state of rfnoc-devel was pushed to the branch
'rfnoc-devel-predo', which will not get any updates but is a convenient
way to keep this old state.

rfnoc-radio-redo has been removed, it was fully merged into rfnoc-devel
at this point (this is true both on the FPGA and UHD repositories. For
gr-ettus, master is the correct branch to work with rfnoc-devel, as
before, and it was updated accordingly).

For those working on rfnoc-devel, when you git pull, you will see a very
big changeset and it is possible that your own additions will not work
without some modifications. However, it's also very possible that they
will work just fine.

Despite the name, the actual redoing of the radio is the smallest part
of this changeset. The most important features include:

- In the fpga repository, usrp3 and usrp3_rfnoc are now separate
directories, for the RFNoC and non-RFNoC generation-3 devices, respectively.
- Radio no longer includes DSP chains
- DDC, DUC are separate blocks
  - axi_rate_change is a module that lets you write rate-changing
    blocks easily and is used by DSP blocks
- Many, many updates to NoC-Shell
  - Timed commands on any block
  - Multi-port available through build params
  - Look at noc_block_skeleton.v for examples
- make.py lets you build FPGA images more easily
- All master branch features are now available in RFNoC branches, too
- Lots of bugfixes

Also, I would like to remind everyone that with the latest gr-ettus, you
get rfnocmodtool and don't have to put FPGA code inside the Ettus
repositories.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Martin