Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BPSK software simulation with no USPR

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BPSK software simulation with no USPR
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 21:59:00 +0200

Hi Courtney,

how did you configure the PSK block? Could you export a screenshot (best: via the file menu's button of that name) to share?

Best regards,
Marcus

On 08/03/2016 09:53 PM, Courtney Smith wrote:
Hi all,

I am still new to GNU radio and still trying to grasp a complete understand of what each block does.I am trying to implement simple BPSK mod in GRC. I currently don't have the USPR I will be using and am trying to simulate the modulation only in software. I've read up on different ways to implement BPSK, some of which include modifying the blocks code which I'd rather not have to do.

Currently I am trying to use the PSK block. I have a random source generator (type: char) that feeds into the PSK block. I am using the QTGUIs to plot the output of the PSK mod however it is not the correct sinusoidal waveform with 180 degree phase shift. Is there a step I am missing? Or will the filtering in the PSK block not allow me to get the correct signal? If so is there a way to "counter-act" the filtering instead of having to modify the blocks code?