Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Resampler with changing rate during runtime

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Resampler with changing rate during runtime
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 10:48:52 -0700

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Sebastian Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Kevin,

the problem arises since my blocks detect signals in the spectrum and estimate their bandwidth. Then, each signal gets filtered and decimated to the needed sample rate according to Nyquist-Shannon. This sample rate is well defined, but only known during runtime.

That sounds reasonable, but you aren't going to be continuously changing the sample rate estimate, I assume, so you should be able to have the estimator report its estimate to your application code (the code that created the flowgraph in the first place) which then reconfigures or replaces all of the downstream sample-rate blocks.