Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Constant carrier digital transmission

From: Inspire
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Constant carrier digital transmission
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 01:41:22 -0700 (MST)

Hello

I am relatively new to gnuradio, I have only been working with it for 6
weeks.

I came across your posts from march 2009 relating to continuously
transmitting 0x7E's when no messages are present in the queue. I am facing
the exact issue with our implementation in GNURadio. I need to send out
continuous flags when no messages are in the queue but immediately (within a
few flags) switch to sending data when a message arrives. I have gone
looking for the HDLC Source code spoken about but have not found it.

Q1. How was this solved ?

I am struggling with getting my head around how to ensure the continuous
stream of Flags given that gnuradio buffers up and schedules transmission
based on buffers. I am also struggling with how to do the switching between
streams.

I know 2009 was a long time ago, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
The mentioned source code example or any other example code would be of
great benefit as GNURadio documentation is confusing and some times
non-existent.

Kind Regards
Frank