[Discuss-gnuradio] How to properly add a pybombs packager

From: U L
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to properly add a pybombs packager
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 22:12:40 -0700

I am trying to get pybombs to support installing to a python virtualenv on openSUSE which uses the zypper packager.  OS packages are rpms but the naming is a little different so I've had to update a number of recipes.

I've also found that the pip packager always uses elevated privileges.  This should prob. be chosen based on the ownership of the pip executable vs the user executing pybombs.  This would prevent a sudo pip call in a user virtualenv.

The biggest sticking point I have so far is that the zypper packager I defined based on the yum version.  Things seem to be somewhat working (checking version numbers and so forth) but the install does not get past a check for wget (??!!!).  I checked out pybombs very recently.  Some system info.

> uname -a
Linux linux-xdol 4.7.2-2-default #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 29 23:57:41 UTC 2016 (8a962cf) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

> pip --version
pip 8.1.2 from /home/jaredd/pyvenvs/pybombs2/lib/python2.7/site-packages (python 2.7)

> pybombs -vv install gnuradio
<attached due to size>

I'm not sure what else could be useful.

Search up from the end for "zypper".  The expected behavior would be pybombs would declare wget installed and move on (it is installed).  I dug into the code but it has become too abstract to follow easily.  For some reason it also seems to defy use in the debugger through ipython.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jared.