Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802.11 Questions

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802.11 Questions
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 18:49:33 -0800

On 12/16/2016 01:19 AM, Bastian Bloessl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12/16/2016 05:04 AM, Cinaed Simson wrote:
>> On 12/13/2016 01:45 AM, Manolis Surligas wrote:
>>> Are you sure? Last time I checked, the RPi3 could not perform realtime
>>> (quite simple) filtering at 10 MHz. I doubt it can handle the 20 MSPS of
>>> the 802.11.
>>>

>> Does this software work with the HackRF or BladeRF?
>>
>> I was able to install the gr-ieee802.11-next without any problems but I
>> wasn't able to install gr-foo - or the wireshark connector - because I
>> don't have the UHD drivers or libraries installed.
>
> I just pushed some changes that add compile switches. Now it should work
> also without UHD.
>
> Would be great if you could give it a try.
>
> Best,
> Bastian

Great - thanks!

It sorta of works.

It only appears to be making one pass through the flowchart - the gui
appears on the screen and then disappears exiting the flowchart with done.

I turned on debugging and logging for all the blocks for both the
wifi_loopback.grc and the wifi_rx.grc flowcharts.

And I only tested the HackRF which I have with me - I won't be able to
test the BladeRF until after the holidays.

Enclosed are the log files.

-- Cinaed