[Discuss-gnuradio] How to "kill flowgraph" with a custom block

From: David Kersh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to "kill flowgraph" with a custom block
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:45:28 +0000

Hello all,

I've created a custom out of tree source block which listens for UDP packets and does different things depending on the received packet. It is connected to a NULL sink because I haven't quite worked out how to make a standalone UDP Server (and I've found the tutorials to be very confusing unfortunately).

When the packet is "stop", I would like the flowgraph to be stopped. I've seen from researching different forums that if -1 is returned, the flowgraph is supposed to stop but I only find that this stops my block from running, the rest of the flowgraph continues running.

Is there not a simple command which I can use to kill the whole flowgraph?

An alternative solution I tried to implement was to access these values using a vector sink block and the .data() method from the top_block.py
This didn't seem to work correctly as Python's UDP calls block.

Thank you, hopefully I've made this post properly. I'm quite new to programming with GNURADIO.

David