Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] static peaks spectrum

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] static peaks spectrum
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 12:58:15 -0800

On 01/19/2017 04:01 PM, Marc Pàmies Massip wrote:
> Thank you Cinaed,
>
> After doing the test with a sample rate of 8MHz I saw that both columns
> are not always equal (as you can see in the image). I am not using any
> hub, does it mean that I should use another computer or it doesn't
> suppose a big problem?

It's close enough.

You should use a binary search and find the maximum sampling rate.

This is the maximum sampling rate without the CPU load of the SDR on the
computer.

Then a crude rule of thumb would be to use half the maximum sampling
rate as a starting point.

We don't know anything about your computer so we can't comment.

Have you tried listening to a wide band FM station - or listening to
audio on any other band than 900 MHz?