Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross compile OOT cmake error

From: James Shimer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross compile OOT cmake error
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:36:31 +0000

Hi Zach,

Cross platform development isn't a trivial thing.  Sometimes you can make short cuts, for example if the development host is the same OS version as the target and you are just changing processors.  But more typically when you're going thru this you must be capable of maintaining and building matching packages among both the host and target.  Probably the first question is do you really need to do this?  I personally decided to boot a Linux distribution that supports gnuradio packages from an external USB hard drive.  If there is a real need to do cross development, then I suggest starting with building and testing some trivial package first.  If not the USB drive solution is pretty cheap.

Jim