[Discuss-gnuradio] Sync short in gr-ieee802-11

From: Nikita Airee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sync short in gr-ieee802-11
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:42:29 +0530

Hello everyone,

I was trying to understand how the synchronization in gr-ieee802-11 actually works and went through:

Bastian BloesslMichele SegataChristoph Sommer and Falko Dressler, "An IEEE 802.11a/g/p OFDM Receiver for GNU Radio

However, it seems that the Short Sync and many other blocks have developed further since then.

From what I understand, the current sync_short.cc does the following:

1) searches for the peak normalized correlator o/p and compares with the set threshold
2) as enough number of simultaneous peaks are detected in correlator o/p, it moves onto the copy stage

Here is where my doubt lies. Does the block keep looking for new frames while the old one is being copied? Also, what is MIN_GAP's function in the code and how is its value decided upon?

Could you please clear up these doubts a little?

Bests,
Nikita Airee