[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio hangs after running volk_profile

From: Jason Sugarbush
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio hangs after running volk_profile
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 08:26:15 -0400

Hello, I recently tried running volk_profile because I was getting signal discontinuities when using the gmsk mod block with a samples per symbol value greater than 8.

I ran volk_profile and it generated a volk_config in my home directory. Now when I run my flowgraph (file source to gmsk mod to file sink) the flowgraph seems to hang at the start. No output is writen to the file sink and I can't get the flowgraph to stop with control-c.

I tested that I can generate data using the signal source and dump that directly to a file ok without going through the gmsk mod block, so I suspect it is something with the gmsk modulation block.

I am running version 3.7.5 on a raspberry pi 3, so ARM CPU. On start it gnuradio says it is using neon_hardfp_orc.

Is there any way to debug what is happening, or suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks