[Discuss-gnuradio] Are pmt Message Handled Differently In Hier Blocks

From: Sean Horton
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Are pmt Message Handled Differently In Hier Blocks
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 15:46:41 -0700

I have a series of tests to test two blocks, where one block encodes/modulates a message, and the other demodulates/decodes the message. Since there are several parts of the hier block, to test it I have a series of tests that do something like this:

A -> ~A
etc (there's ~6 blocks to encode and ~6 blocks to decode)

This allows me to build up the hier blocks piece by piece, and at each step make sure the decoding block can decode what is encoded. I then have a test for the hier blocks themselves, which do nothing more than create and connect all of the blocks that I've already tested, just not inside a hier block. All of the tests before the test using the hier blocks pass. I've run the tests 3000 times in a row. But one of my hier blocks doesn't work, and after hours of debugging, it seems that a message from one of the blocks isn't propagated to the next block. I added code to print when message are published and handled, and there's a publish print statement without a corresponding handled print statement. I've added a message probe, and it gets the message. This block has worked, but I've changed my test to only send one message instead of repeating the same message and expecting to get it at least once.

Thanks,
Sean

--
Sean Horton