Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clock recovery without change of phase

From: Federico 'Larroca' La Rocca
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clock recovery without change of phase
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 09:59:10 -0300

Hi,
I'm not sure if I understood correctly your question, but clock recovery (such as MM or Polyphase clock sync) takes the incoming signal and by default outputs a sample every $T_s$ seconds (symbol time) but at the point where the eye is widest (and thus it interpolates as needed). Once it converges, the block's output phase should be stable (I mean, the phase will probably still vary but it will be due to the remaining frequency error between transmission and reception, which should be taken care of by a Costas Loop or similar, but it is not generated by the clock synchronization block).
best
Federico

Hi all,

I need to perform clock recovery on a signal without constantly changing its phase. I think that the clock recovery block in Gnuradio does exactly that in order to maximize the energy of the signal. Is there any other way that does not tamper with the signal phase?

Thanks!