[Discuss-gnuradio] FW: Fwd: query about fm example file in github tutori

From: Jacqueline . Walker
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FW: Fwd: query about fm example file in github tutorials repository
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 11:21:58 +0000

FWIW, I got the aforementioned “fm101.8_1Msps.cfile” to demodulate once I tried using the more generic FM demod block rather than the WBFM receive block.  I was using the rational resampler block in both cases to match the audio sink rate (48 kHz) and I did have the ‘Ok to block’ option turned off in the audio sink there too. I do have to go to some trouble to configure the audio for the ArchLinux VM I am using but it does work once I remember to  crank up the volume.

So the only change I made was to switch to using the FM demod block and then I could hear the demodulated fm sample file. I note that the FM demod block includes a LPF setting but I assumed that was present in the WBFM receive block? Anyway I was able to use the WBFM receive block successfully to ‘listen to’ FM radio received and streamed by a B200. Just a bit puzzled as to why it didn’t work with the streamed data file.

Regards

Jacqueline