[Discuss-gnuradio] GR- IEEE 802.15.4 PHY Issues

From: Tellrell White
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR- IEEE 802.15.4 PHY Issues
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 04:03:55 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Guys
I'm currently using the IEEE 802.15.4 PHY. I've added a random source to the flow graph and also a qt gui time and constellation sink. I have two questions, why does the constellation plot attached show more than the usual 4 constellation points seen in O-QPSK constellation?? Is it due to the sampling rate I'm using which is 8M in this case.

Also, I was curious as to if the vector source added which implements the half sine pulse shaping was creating a problem so I disabled it and I was able to see the expected 4 constellation points. So, is the source of extra constellation points I'm seeing?? I've attached both the .grc file and 2 screen shots, one representing both constellation plots discussed.

Thanks in Advance
Tellrell