Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TUNTAP PDU with rds example

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TUNTAP PDU with rds example
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 10:57:53 +0100

Hi,

On 07/07/2017 06:06 PM, Markley da Silva Mendes wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to know if there is any example where I have captured the data rds (radio data sistem), using an RTL-2832u, and transformed into ethernet frames using the TUNTAP PDU block? And if there is any documentation explaining how I can use the TUNTAP PDU block with other technologies (zigbee, bluetooth, zWave ...)?

I don't know what you would expect from connecting RDS to a TUNTAP interface. With TUNTAP you create a virtual Ethernet interface, which allows you to connect your transceiver to the Linux network stack.
For RDS, I don't see any benefit from doing this.

What you might want is connect the transceiver to Wireshark to inspect and dissect the data. This can be done with RFtap:

https://rftap.github.io/blog/2016/08/27/decoding-rds-with-rftap.html

Best,
Bastian