[Discuss-gnuradio] Noobie Advice -- Installing Icons, Mime Type, and Men

From: Jerry
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Noobie Advice -- Installing Icons, Mime Type, and Menu Items
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:35:23 -0400

I am just starting on in both Linux and gnuradio so steep learning curve so far.

I successfully built installed the latest gnuradio into my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS using PyBOMBS.  All works fine from the command line.

I would like the convenience of a GRC desktop icon and I read on the wiki.gnuradio.org page to run the following:

$ cd /libexec/gnuradio/

$ sudo grc_setup_freedesktop install

I allowed PyBOMBS to install gnuradio into /prefix/default.  I found  /prefix/default/libexec/gnuradio which contains a green file ‘grc_setup_freedesktop’ but when I run the commands

$ cd /prefix/default/libexec/gnuradio/

$ sudo grc_setup_freedesktop install

I get an error:  sudo: grc_setup_freedesktop : command not found…but grc_setup_freedesktop is in the /libexec/ folder

Any advice appreciated.

Jerry