Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CRC32 discrepancy

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CRC32 discrepancy
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 11:32:13 +0200

Hi Eric!

Thanks for the bug report! Tracking that as an issue on github [1] now.

You don't happen to have a fix that you've tested already?

Best regards,

Marcus

[1] https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues/1407

On 08/03/2017 04:54 PM, ERIC BANWART wrote:

I am using the Stream CRC32 block and was having trouble getting the CRCs to pass. After some debugging I discovered that the calculated CRC is different depending on whether or not the source data is packed. This can be observed using the attached flow graph. The result of the packed stream appears to be correct. I looked at the code for the block (crc32_impl_bb.cc) and that see that regardless of the Packed setting in the block the CRC calculated with:  d_crc_impl.process_bytes(in, packet_length);

I believe that for the unpacked case, either the bits need be repacked before the calculation or repeated calls to process_bits should be used in place of the the call to process_bytes.

My version of gnuradio is:  3.7.12git-126-g37d373ac

Thanks!

Eric