[Discuss-gnuradio] Bits inserted at random places

From: 李博远
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bits inserted at random places
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 01:44:48 +0000

Hi,

I have implemented BPSK and OFDM in GNURadio. They are modified from the examples given, just without those crc32 modules. They work well in GNURadio.

However, when I test the programs on the hardware, USRP x310, a problem emerges. I found that often than not, there are some extra bits in my data stream at random locations, even when the SNR is as high as 20dB. This messes up the data alignment, and makes it difficult to calculate the BER(bit error rate). This problem exists in both BPSK and OFDM.

Can anyone share his/her opinion on this please? What may be the cause? What can I do to mitigate it? It has bothered me for a long time.

Regards,
Edwin