Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USDR-based GSM/UMTS handset?

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USDR-based GSM/UMTS handset?
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 17:36:11 -0700

On 08/11/2017 08:42 AM, m.j.thayer wrote:
> (Re-sendung this after subscribing. Apologies if it ends up being sent
> twice. By the way, is there a way to only receive answers to one's own
> messages?)

If your didn't receive a reply to your question it's because nobody had
answer.

The development of GSM on SDRs it typically along the lines of software
development for the BTS (Base Transceiver Station) and or BCS (Base
Control Subsystem.)

In short, the software is used to manage GSM networks.

They use unlocked standard GSM handsets which have their own SIM cards -
which only work on their network - and not on any of the commercial
networks.

See

  https://osmocom.org/projects/openbsc/wiki
  http://openbts.org/