Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time syncing between SDRs on different computers

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time syncing between SDRs on different computers
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 22:27:29 +0200

10 ms timing certainty is actually pretty hard to achieve across USB2!
But: as far as I can see, it'd be rather easy to say, tune both sticks
to DVB-T, cross-correlate to find the relative offset, tune to the
frequency of interest and work from there. That is, if the delay spread
in the cellular channel < 10ms, but considering that would be equivalent
to a path length difference of 3000 km...

I don't think the tuning process itself would interrupt the sampling,
right (Sylvain)?

Cheers,
Marcus