Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] github help

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] github help
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 14:35:49 +0200

Hi Andrew,

I don't really understand why you titled this "github help"; code first, then publish or upstream into main GNU Radio. In your case, this isn't something that is universally usable for anyone, so I'd say it's certainly something that would live in an "out-of-tree module" (OOT). (I don't know what QTMM is, but I think it's some relatively obscure amateur radio packet format)

So, there's no request you should raise – just write it, and publish it as your own!

I think I have to modify the c code and add in a socket.

GNU Radio is C++, not C, and yes, you'll add a socket *somewhere* but that's certainly not all you'll have to do. I think it's best if I pointed you to the guided tutorials:

http://tutorials.gnuradio.org

They introduce how to write your own modules. You'll need to know that before you can do something with GNU Radio!

Maybe you don't even have to write your own modules, but can combine existing ones to do what you need. But I don't know what QTMM is / does, so I can't help you with that.

Best regards,

Marcus