Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC 17] DAB: Updates

From: Rafael Diniz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC 17] DAB: Updates
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 23:06:48 -0300

Hi Marcus,

Concerning DRM here in Brazil, there is not much activity because of the
immense delay from the government to adopt any standard. Me and a bunch
of hams are carrying some trials with DRM in HF, but just this (from
Parque do Rodeador, an EBC facility). But DRM signals are always on...
in Europe you can hear quite a lot DRM signals in HF.

But changing a bit the topic, one much more relevant piece of software
would be an ISDB-T transmitter for social / community use. There are
really a lot a community TV broadcasters in Argentina and Brazil (may be
in other LA countries also) which would love to power up a gnuradio app
with USRP and have a DTV exciter running. The Antena Negra TV[1] example
in Buenos Aires in very cool.
; )

Rafael Diniz

[1] http://antenanegratv.com.ar/